Creating an autism friendly environment
Autism SA has been at the forefront in developing the Autism Friendly Charter initiative in collaboration with members of the autism community. It aims to ensure that individuals on the autism spectrum, their families and other supporters, feel welcome, included and able to participate in the community.
To start to process of joining the Charter, sign up for the free online training to support a more inclusive society.
Your organisation will gain:
- A better understanding of autism
- An outline of Neurodiversity affirming practices for making your business, organisation or workplace more autism-friendly
- A Certificate of completion of the autism awareness training
- An invitation to join the Autism Friendly Charter
- To uphold the Autism Friendly Charter Principals to support a more inclusive world
- An invitation to list on the Autism Friendly Charter Directory for that the community can identify you: and
- An Autism Friendly Charter Welcome Pack to display the Autism Friendly Charter branding so that the public know that you are committed to supporting an autism friendly environment
It’s easy! Businesses have enjoyed becoming autism friendly. Our Autism Friendly Charter Blog page includes acknowledgments from businesses who have benefited from joining the Autism Friendly Charter.
The Autism Friendly Charter initiative was initially funded by the NDIS through the Information Linkages and Capacity Building- National Readiness Grant Program.
Contribute to building an autism-friendly Australia.
Explore the Autism Friendly Charter eligibility criteria here to see if you are eligible for the free online training.